Subject: RE: UKNM: localised Web ad campaigns
From: Philip Rooke
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:00:38 +0100

Size will be an issue.

An average SE England town has a population of about 150k, out of UK
population of 58.8 million. Therefore, only about 0.25% of UK traffic
will be relevant. Even a site with 10 million UK impressions a month
will only be able to sell 25k impressions a month.

Carlton Online will be targeting banners as far as Postcode to
registered users. With 3 major sites promoted heavily in the SE.
Perhaps we should talk, providing you don't mind working in 100k
campaigns over a couple of months.

Philip Rooke
Sales Director

Carlton Online
Tel: 0171 663 6344
Fax: 0171 895 9505

>I have been asked to put together a campaign to be run >exclusively to
>Internet users in three or four towns in the South East >of England.

>Even if it were possible for media owners to target >that finely, it
makes the numbers quite small.

>I have thought about approaching ISPs but not sure if ?>they can target
ads to locality.