Subject: RE: UKNM: Fast Summit
From: Tony Coyle
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:13:17 +0100

True credibility, please.

The net in all it's forms has a huge amount of credibility with a lot of different auidiences. The net is a highly technical environment. It is up to us as a web development and web communications organisations to make it simple for an auidience and deliver the complexity underneath to make it work, make it profitable and make it easier for our clients. It will be decades before your milkman will need to use or has easy access to the net, but in the mean time, there are millions of others you can reach already.

The current way big FMCG marketers are treating the web � la P&G/FAST is wrong. FMCG products are not easily marketed on the web. It can be done, but cannot be achieved using old FMCG marketing methods. The quicker the P&G's of this world wake up to that the better.

Stop worrying about penetration, it will happen when it happens. You can sell product and services now, profitably, differently. This thread reeks of client/agencies looking for easy traditional ways to market product/services in an extremely diverse, technical, organic medium. It aint going to work. The web revolves/grows around people not the marketing whims of P&G and co. We should be concentrating on creative/innovative ways to use the net to our clients advantage, rather than generating millions more eyeballs and then mass marketing to them.

Tony Coyle
APL Digital