Subject: Re: UKNM: FMCG marketing on the web and how to do it (was money / drain)
From: Duncan Clubb
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:17:18 +0100

I, too, like this idea, and have tried to propose it to various marketing type
clients, again without any success. My conclusion was that the only type of
people who would be attracted by the idea of short-term *promotional* sites were
perhaps those involved in PR or DM, not strategic brand marketing. I can't think
of any examples of this being tried so far, and I can't wait until someone
releases a site that has a very short shelf-life built in. I think that the main
barrier (apart from the idea being far too visionary for normal mortals to
understand, he said modestly) will be the task of integrating it with the other
media activities that would be necessary for a short-term site to achieve its
objectives in the alloted period - this will require quite a leap of faith for the
first few who try it.
er.... that's it

duncan

--
Duncan Clubb

e-mail: duncan [dot] clubbatoffworld [dot] net Offworld Industries,
http: www.offworld.net Britannia House,
Tel: (44)(0)171 278 3464 4-24 Britannia Street,
FAX: (44)(0)171 278 5820 London WC1X 9JD