Subject: Re: UKNM: research for a feature... :)
From: Phil Gyford
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:09:28 +0100

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Jo Chipchase wrote:
> Tim Ireland wrote:
>
> >I'm afraid that because of it's database (that covers every search engine on
> >your list and then some) and its ease of use, Google has them all beat.
>
> It does seem to attract favourable comments...

Give it a year or two, they'll sell to some company who's still trying to
make a splash on the interweb, the site will be plastered with banners,
directories, free email, and auction ecommerce trading and everyone will
be talking about how some new search engine run by two 6 year olds in
Brazil is the bee's knees.

philatgyford [dot] com / tel: (+1) 281-990-9319 / icq: 3794783
http://www.gyford.com / http://www.haddock.org

Excite UK... oh yeah, I forgot that was there.