Subject: UKNM: RE: some of ThinkNatural domains...
From: Steve Miller
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:05:01 +0100

Yes, I know this is a cop-out. Whilst I can usually spout on about Domain
Names 'till the cows come home, I think that a discussion about the proposed
new gTLDs is a bit premature. The 'Industry' is still trying to sort out
control of the more popular gTLDs (.com, .net and .org) with our friends and
colleagues at Networks Solutions. Only when this is finally sorted, which
could take months of further negotiations by the various parties concerned,
will ICANN even start to consider bringing out new gTLDs. There is no
definitive plan on how and when these names will rolled out. There is no
decision on even which names will be available, there is not even any
definite plans on who is going to be able sell them. Whilst I certainly take
on board the comments made by Mark H-T, in my view the best bet is to sit
tight and wait to see what occurs. But you can be pretty damn sure that as
we get closer to roll-out, you'll be bombarded with information and advice
from the likes of NetNames.

Cheers,

Steve

Its Miller Time!
Steve Miller: Marketing Director
NETNAMES * The INTERNATIONAL DOMAIN NAME REGISTRY
Registering Domain Names in over 200 countries
http://www.netnames.com
180-182 Tottenham Court Road
London, W1P 9LE
+44 171 291 3905 (Direct) Mobile: 0467 456787