Subject: UKNM: The Institute of Direct Marketing
From: Ruth Stone
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:12:41 +0100

Hi

I work with the Institute of Direct Marketing and joined this discussion
group having read about it in New Media Age. Humour, irony and cussing
aside I must say that I have found parting with my e-mail address on this
occassion worthwhile.

It seems so far that the IDM and the contributors to this group are in
agreement about the importance of targeting propects and managing customer
relations for retention purposes with a solid database supporting all
marketing activity. After all these are the core principles of direct
marketing and they are proving to be ever more important as business
operations move online.

In my PR capacity I am forever looking for interesting new topics and trends
for discussion and appropriate speakers for the many courses and events the
IDM runs. I write first to introduce the IDM to those who have not heard of
it and second to invite suggestions for hot topics and recommended speakers
that would appeal to a marketing community eager to succeed online. If you
are or know any e-creatives I would be especially happy to hear from
you/about them.

To find out more about the IDM visit www.theidm.com - but please bear in
mind that the site is being updated and a portal will replace it soon.

Thanks

Ruth