Subject: UKNM: RE: Email newsletters....
From: John Braithwaite
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:54:39 +0100

Hi there

Having done a lot of investigative work on these subject, I am pleased to
say that The Good Book Guide (http://www.thegoodbookguide.com) will be
launching, sometime next month, an email newsletter to end all email
newsletters. It will offer HTML or plain text versions (IMHO you either have
to give the choice of either or just go for plain text. NEVER just offer
HTML... red rags and bulls... ) AND (for the most interesting bit... ...
drum roll) it will have internal personalisation built in.

What does this mean? Well, it's more than just getting your first name
right! Basically most sites offer either one enormous behemoth of an email
or lots of little piddly, too targeted, emails. With this one - the choice
is yours. If you only like books on History and Science - that's all that
you will receive as the filling in your 'sandwich'. If you want more, you
can get more!

As that little geezer from First Direct says - "You're in control". I will
email the list when it goes live so they can take a look for themselves.
It's not rocket science, but that's the whole point - it's for every user -
whatever they want.

Watch this space, email me off list if you want to know more. This seems
like a salesy email.... but I'm just SO excited about it.... sad really!

John B