Subject: Re: UKNM: Something for nothing
From: Zing!n Media
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:52:45 +0100

First of all, thanks to everyone who replied to my post both on- and
off-list. It looks like we'll be going ahead with the feature and I'll get
back to everyone who offered to take part as soon as we've decided on the
format.

> What _is_ interesting to see is how many sites people really do use very
> often! Leslie can only name 5, and this is his line of business.

I'm exactly the same and I`m the editor of web guide site!!

When we were building the original version of the Zingin guides we asked
loads of internet users to list the sites which they used regularly in order
to build up a profile of our target user. It was frightening to see how
many people's list consisted of Hotmail, Amazon, Yahoo plus one or two other
hobby-related sites.

Could it be that people tend to find sites using search engines without
paying attention to the name of the company providing the service. They dive
in, grab the info/order the product they want and, perhaps, bookmark the
site for future reference.

Unlike television programmes or brands of washing up liquid, we don`t have
to know the name of the company to locate their services and so, when asked
to name sites we visit regularly, we struggle to name more than five.

The sheer volume of sites offering the same info/products doesn`t help
either.

Just my rambling early morning thoughts.

Paul

==

Paul Carr
Managing Editor

Zingin.com - The UK's finest internet guide.
http://www.zingin.com
Zingin Mail - FREE from http://www.zingin.com
Making the web worth surfing.