Subject: thank you
From: Marcantonio Magnarapa
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:19:54 +0100

Hi,

thank you for the useful sites you all have told me about. Now I'm sure I
won't come up with the questions that are covered by those sites.

I have some questions, anyway. Once I transformed something (e.g., a word)
into a symbol, *without* checking the "button behaviour" checkbox, how do I
turn it into a button?

I managed to do some sorts of transitions by tweening with motion. I'm
mainly working with words or sentences, so I'm using the text tool. I
managed to perform scaling, rotation, and color tint/brightness fading.
However, I want to animate a word and change its kerning, that is the space
between letters. Here is a rough ascii representation:

1st frame h e l l o
last frame hello

The letters should, during the animation, get closer and closer until they
touch each other. They must NOT, however, change in size or proportions.
Can you help me please?

Marcantonio