Subject: One large files vs. multiple files
From: steven warren
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:38:04 +0100

I'm developing a site with several sections, all done in Flash.

My document has gotten huge, and exporting a swf file takes quite a while.
If I make a change to one page, I have to export the whole thing again.

Before I go through the process of breaking the document into different
sections, can anybody think of a reason not to? Or any other good reasons
to break it up?

I've thought of one reason not to... when the document is all one file, if
the user is hanging out (playing in) one section for a while, the other
sections will continue to load in the background. This is a small tradeoff
I'm willing to make in this case.

-evilsteven