Subject: Re: Flash X DHTML
From: Christopher Schmitt
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:59:13 +0100

At 10:52 AM 4/15/98 -0300, you wrote:
> With the open format, Flash will sure become a new standard for
>the web, native in Explorer and Netscape in future versions. Flash
>Generator can manipulate dynamic data. I'm imagining completely
>Flash-based web sites.
> "Is this the end for DHTML? "

Hardly. Flash animation makes it easier for people to make cool transistion
and morphs. But, how can I search a complete Flash-based Web site for
content?
One crucial item on my Web designers wish list has been fulfilled with
Macromedia's release of FLash3 and its transparency settings: you can now
layer Flash set typography in a transparent background on top of
photographic imagery (PNG or JPG) layer.

Christopher Schmitt
a new media designer for hire
http://www.christopher.org/hireme
chrisatchristopher [dot] org