Subject: Re: Flash X DHTML
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:52:12 +0100

Christopher,

>Flash animation makes it easier for people to make cool transistion
>and morphs. But, how can I search a complete Flash-based Web site for
>content?

That's a server function. Check out FlameThrower at http://www.allegiant.com
And there are many others. But SuperCard and it's equivalent web version
Flamethrower, allows mere mortals to write awesome server side functions
like this without having to deal with Perl & C. At last, an english-based
scripting language that normal people can understand.

No one tool does everything. All top developers use a hybrid approach.
The best tool for the job. For web pages, it's Flash. DHTML? Naaa. I'll
pass.

/w

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
waynetatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:waynetatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net