Subject: RE: Pill-shaped objects in Flash.
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:24:56 +0100

At 8:37 AM 4/14/98, David Williamson wrote:
>This works cool.
>
>1.make a rectangle,
>2.make a circle,
>3.duplicate the circle
>4.scale the circles so they are the same hieght as the edges of the
>rectangle, and line them up so the tops of the circles meet the relevant
>corners of the rectangle
>5. deselect all the obgects and the delete the inner edges of the
>circles by single clicking on the lines that run into the rectangel.
>
>hey presto one pill shape object.without importing any other files that
>increase the size! if you want a step by step walk through let me know
>and i will sent it to you outside of the list.

I'm late to the thread, and am not sure that someone else has posted this
approach yet, but another way to make rounded rectangles purely in Flash is
to enable the grid and snapping, then draw out a rectangle, and draw a
circle atop one corner that has the curvature you want. Duplicate the
circle three times and drag it to the other corners, then just delete the
pieces you don't want.

It's not as automatic as it is in FreeHand or Fireworks, but that's usually
pretty fast for me. You can then store this shape in a library and change
its dimensions or fill/stroke info in other projects.

jd