Subject: Re: TAN: Shockwave Tools...
From: David Mendels
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:27:50 +0100

I believe there is a technote on Shockwave for FreeHand vs. Flash, but the
gist is this:

Shockwave for FreeHand is no longer being developed or promoted. Flash is
the preferred standard for vectors on the Web....we put a good deal of work
into adding Flash support to FreeHand 8, and think this is the future. Now
that the file format is open, we exepct new tools to also start supporting
the Flash file format--so far, Broderbund (Maker of PrintShop) and
Equilibrium (they make Debabelizer) and Avenza (they make a
FreeHand/Illustrator set of Xtras for cartography are are leaders in
desktop mapping tools) have already annouced intentions to add support for
the Flash format to their tools or create new tools th output the Flash
format. We are talking to lots of other tool venders as well.

Regards,

David
Macromedia