Subject: TAN: Shockwave Tools...
From: James Steincamp
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:42:12 +0100

Today i purchased the design in motion suite and spent a few hours reading
up on Shockwave and Flash around the Web. There is, however, more to
Shockwave than i had previously imagined and what i thought was pretty much
a Director/Flash format is now complicated (at least in my mind) by the
fact that there are also Freehand plug-ins, RealFlash content and
Authorware files.

Why would someone want create content for the Freehand plug-in (presumably
with Freehand) as opposed to relying strictly on Flash? Do i have to have a
RealPlayer server to serve up audio files?

Is there a concise FAQ or page to help me get a handle on how to best
leverage the different Shockwave plug-ins/tools according to situation? The
Freehand plug-in is what has me most puzzled...

Any pointers appreciated...

-james

Grafika Design
Richmond, VA