Subject: Flash Talk Report
From: John Croteau
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:45:11 +0100

Hi All,

We had one of our best meetings with some good results.

Two committees have been established to help in our effort to promote
Flash and Professional Flash Developers:

1) Michael Greenberg (macmikeatatl [dot] mindspring [dot] com) will head the team for
the searchable Text Database.
The basic DB will most likely be Access.
Entry into the database is an option to any Professional Flash
Developer.
The database should be updatable by Developers.
There will be no charge to be included in the Text Database (subject
to change)
What Data that will be stored, will be be determined by theb
committee.
The Flash Business Card section will be linked from the Database
(when available).

2) Dorian Nisinson (dorianatbway [dot] net) will head the team that will
implement Flash Business Cards.
The Flash Business Card section will use Flash 3.
The Business Cards Index pages will consist of simple Flash buttons.
Categories will be developed and implemented as needed.
When moused over, a button will display its Business Card
Graphic/Movie.
Business Cards will have a set size and position on the page.
Business cards will be independent Flash movie Modules (.swf files).
These movies will be called on demand using the new Load Movie
feature of Flash 3.
The use of Load Movie provides for glitchless transfer of Content.
To provide smooth operation Flash Business Cards will be limited in
byte size.
The byte size limitation will be determined by tests.
On clicking the button and/or the Flash Business Card a full page
(.swf) file will be displayed which will normally be hosted at the
Developer's site.
There will be no limitation on the size of a full sized page when it
is hosted at the Developer's own site.
There will be a small charge for Flash Business Cards for Flash
Developers.
There will be a charge for hosting the Full page .swf files at
FlashCentral.
There will be specific technical requirements for the Flash Business
Cards and the Full Sized Pages that will be incorporated with Load
Movie.

Flash files that are not up to spec will not be accepted (I will attempt
to help qualified Flashers, especially at first, when time is
available). I will be giving a seminar detailing how to properly utilize
the new 'Load Movie' feature. I am working on a Tutorial on the same.

Before the Main meeting I gave some overview of the capabilities and use
of the new Flash 3 'Load Movie' feature and the use of layered 'Levels'
to a few early attenders.

If you would like to help out on either of these committees or have
comment on either contact the appropriate committee chair. Of course,
you can send comments to the List.