Subject: Re: Flash site problems
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:28:00 +0100

Hi Johnathan,
Your problem is in the method you are using to open a new window. You
are using the "javascript:functionname()" protocol which is not
supported by IE 3.0 and lower. IE 4.0, however, supports that approach.

You are better to call a page into your hidden frame which has the help
window popup function in the ONLOAD of the page.

I did some pretty exhaustive research on opening a new window from
Flash, and created a tutorial (with examples) based on my findings.
Please take a look at:
http://colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/flash/

There you'll find all the details on how to implement the popup window
in your hidden frame, and why that's the best approach. (It's also been
real-world tested on the Levi's site...).

Cheers,
Colin