Subject: Re: RE: NS4
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:32:52 +0100

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>Yup. It seems to execute javascript and Java applets much slower than
>3.x. I also find it annoying that they have the java engine start up at
>load time of an applet which delays the display of the applet and the
>rest of the page.

Of course, as jd (?) posted before, if you don't use FSCommand, you can
turn off the loading of Java using SWLIVECONNECT=FALSE in your EMBED
tag:

SWLIVECONNECT

Value:
true | false
Specifies whether the browser should start Java when
Shockwave Flash Player for the first time. The default
value for this
attribute if omitted is true whenever you use JavaScript
and Flash
on the same page. Java must be running in order for
FSCommands
to work; however, if you are using JavaScript only for
browser
detection or some other purpose unrelated to FSCommands,
you
can prevent Java from starting by setting SWLIVECONNECT
false. You can also force Java to start when you are not
using
JavaScript with Flash by explicitly setting
SWLIVECONNECT to
true.

(From the Flash 3 help docs...)

-Colin