Subject: FLASH: HELP
From: NICK BARON
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:46:44 +0100

Dear ALL
We have recently built a site for one of our clients that utilises a flash
navigation upfront and a frame that contains the site navigation done in
Flash.
We also have a secondary flash nav that sits on all the pages.

THE PROBLEM
Our client now wants a non-Flash version of the site, using an auto detect
feature, without the need for the current explanation page we currently
have at the front of the site.

MY QUESTION
I know we can create an alternative non flash page for the front of the
site that non flashed up browsers can be automatically re-directed to, and
the same with the side bar nav, becuase its in a separate frame. But what
about all of the pages, is there a way to automatically replace the movie
at the top of each page with an image map if the plug in is not present?

I'm hopeing someone can help - I don't think my client will pay for
alternative pages for the whole site!

THe site can be found at:-
http://www.scholastic.com.au/newmedia

Kind regards
Nick Baron
WEBBODS

Check out these WebBods sites...

Central Coast Tourism (Central Coast Australia)
http://cctourism.com.au

Providing the Edge - technology products
http://www.providing-the-edge.com.au

CFP Software - WinEstate Real Estate Management Software
http://www.cfpsoftware.com/winestate.html

Off & Running Print Management
http://offrun.com.au

Scholastic Australia - Communicating With Children
http://scholastic.com.au

Scholastic NewMedia - Software Products
http://scholastic.com.au/newmedia

Wiremesh Industries - Wire Products Manufacturer and Exporter
http://www.wiremesh.com.au
nickbatwebbods [dot] com [dot] au

http://webbods.com.au/
ICQ Id: 11154631