Subject: RE: FLASH: Wondering about CD CVs?
From: doctor
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:10:55 +0100

> I've recently seen a new (well, 'new' to me anyway) CD product. Its a CD
> that's been cut/shaped down to the size of a business card and has four
> little dimples that help it sit in the "CD single" little tray of your
> standard CD player.

The company that makes and distributes these DigiCards in America is called
Ember Media (http://www.embermedia.com/). They play like any CD-ROM and hold
16MB as you said.

For a minimum run of maybe 1000, I remember the pricing being something
like $3 per card. That's an informal recollection of a price, so you can't
quote me, but it's probably close.

For a personal business card, it is usually out of everyone's range, but
for a small (or large studio) who wants to show off (or give away a
promotional item to coincide with a major site launch), it's a functional,
stunning and unique little conversation piece.

I know they've made them for groups like HBO and they usually pack a few
minutes of video and audio into a multiplatform Director presentation --
same as a 650MB CD, just only 16MB worth.

-- Doctor Frankensite