Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: samples now available (QuickTime 4 with Flash)
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 04:31:35 +0100

Kevin Darbro wrote:

> Pam Cole wrote:
>
> > I have a 56k modem, but line noise usually restricts it to around 30k.
>
> It took forever here as well, on a T1! Also, it doesn't work in Netscape 4.5,
> or at least it didn't for me. (They point out there are issues with this
> browser). It needs work, and possibly the streaming will get some of that
> work. It does need to be improved, but...
>
> Wow! Think about the possibilities over an intranet for CBT, archives, etc.
> There's a great deal of stuff that can potentially come from this marriage. I
> know I want to be at the church for this one. FWIW.
>
> - Flying like a cement kite...
>
> Kevin Darbro

Im downloading the new QT 4 now to check it out, however after sifting through 90%
of these posts on the
topic, it seems this QT/Flash stuff simply isnt working very well.

I'm glad that Apple and MM are in good relations, however I would rather see QT
embeded into Flash
than flash work in quicktime movies. I believe this would be much more efficient
and practical. Does anyone know if
this will be a feature in Flash4? It would be great to have small file size and
effective interface designs that have QT windows
embeded.

QT has had problems in the past working in Dir/CD-ROM applications especially with
sincing sound and I hope the technical teams of both parties are on top of htese
latter vesions and making the marriage seamless. Ive always been supportive of
these technologies, however I never let them forget Im investing _MY_ time here
on their products.

-DG-

Why do compaines create new features in there newer versions before addressing the
problems of their present ones?