Subject: Re: samples now available (was Re: FLASH: news: Apple's QuickTime 4 to Support Macromedia Flash)
From: Guy Incognito
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 03:40:10 +0100

>>Also, I heard that QT4 will not stream behind some corporate
>>firewalls. Do you have any info on this, and if anything can/will be
>>done about it?
>>/wayne

I'm not sure about content streaming, but I can't even get the QT4 because I'm behind a firewall!

I work at a university that this year decided to introduce an authenticated proxy and block direct web (port 80) connections. Because Apple have decided to go down the "download a little file then it downloads the rest" route but failed to support password authenticated proxy servers, I'm unable to check out the new sample David from Macromedia mentioned.

Being able to download the lot in one go would be so much easier than the "think difficult" (for me at least) installation method... and would also make multiple installations heaps easier.

I went to the Apple support boards and found people aready complaining about the same situation.

Not a good sign?