Subject: Re: FLASH: new site, comments please
From: Jonathan Mao
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 08:36:11 +0100

Hi Adri!

A collegue of mine made the comment that the functionality is perhaps
a bit lost in the beauty.

Specifically he said:
"My comments:
It's very eye-candiesque, but unfortunately the "what on earth is this I'm
looking at" feeling one gets from browsing the beautiful site detract from
the functionality.

Userfriendliness is low, and beauty is high.

Great site though.

Julian."

>Thanks for visiting, Jonathan, and for your kind comments on the images
>and site. Yes, the images are faded with Flash, and they are not
>converted to vector based images as far as I can recall, but I'll check
>to make sure. (got too many projects going right now, and my brain is
>too full..) I wanted the images to retain as much of the original as
>possible, so on this project I think I'm safe in saying no.
>
>Adri
>
>Jonathan Mao wrote:
> >
> > Very nice! Great images.
> >
> > My only complaint is opening another browser window.
> >
> > I'm on a blue&ice, fire and brimstone slimline funkster G3 running
> > Netscape Nav 4.0.8 with a 128k ISDN connection. Load speed was
> > acceptable but I doubt modem users would feel the same.
> >
> > Though I know your target audience is expected to have a fast connection.
> >
> > Anyway, very nice, are the images faded with Flash? Did you convert
> > them to flash vectors to get the transparency fades happening?
> >
> > >This is our first flashed site, and we are nervously looking for
> > >comments, critiques, et cetera...
> > >
> > >Adriela
> > >
> > >http://www.aastudios.com

Jonathan Mao