Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash in QT4 - streaming Bisset brilliance
From: Frederico
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:50:34 +0100

On 4/20/1999 4:38 PM, James Bisset of jamesatbisset [dot] u-net [dot] com said:

> But I've got a wee sample of
>such on my web site now, along with comparisons in QT 3 and Flash.

Just for fun, I ripped out a bunch of the components (QTmusic com, MPEG,
etc), and headed over to your site, and sure enough, the QT updater
kicked in, found the plugins I deleted, and put them back in place in
under 10 seconds. I then went in and disabled the same subset components
in Extensions Manager, rebooted, then returned, and the missing
components came down again flawlessly, all because the QT plugin was
present in the browser. Very cool. This will mean that for many patrons
who fool with their Extents not knowing what they are doing and why, you
can restore their choices as they need them, without forcing them to
reinstall the whole shebang, quit and reboot between and probably just
blow you off because they don't want to bother.

Oh, and it was also repeatable in MSIE4.5. (:

I could not, however, locate your Flash and comparison examples as you
mentioned them. Can you post the direct URLs, please?

Reel Funk was cool, the Excalibur slideshow was a tad choppy, but
smoothed out and played nicely after the first 180k, and your lessons
section was nicely laid out. A fine site, Jim.

Regards and Kudos

Frederico

~It might look like I'm doing nothing,
but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.~

Think Productivity