Subject: Re: FLASH: Memory issue
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:06:26 +0100

At 09:48 AM 4/21/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>just a question from a Flash novice:
>When I do a LoadMovie into level 1, play it and then load another
>into level 1 what happens to memory?
>Does Flash just discard the previously loaded SWF or does keep it in
>memory?

If for web play, the issue really is whether the swf remains in the browser
cache, which, given enough cache size, it will. However there is generally
no reason to unload movies. Just park them in empty frames and load the
next movie in another level so that previously loaded movies are ready to
fly when needed.

Marc Hoffman