Subject: FLASH: [ADULT] Site Test- re: streaming AIFF
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 18:44:35 +0100

Hi Folks,

I'm in the seemingly infinite loop of tweaking to get a 6.5!! min AIFF to
stream effectively enough, and I could use your help in testing. I did it
before with a 3.5 min aiff in another project, but this one is a bit more
difficult because of the dynamics in the sound file.

BTW, the aiff is in a load movie, set to streaming and is about 4500 frames.

This one is a *private demo* for a group of adult site owners, to promote
flash. The nudity is mild though. If you're not put off by that sort of
thing, I'd appreciate your help.

The sound file starts when you goto the adult demo (gallery).

I need to know if the sound quality is *passable* for a general audience at
the various settings I'll be trying. Any pauses are unacceptable. So it's
going to take a lot of SoundEdit/Flash tweaking to find the right
combinations of settings. At the moment, it's 11/4. You probably
shouldn't have a lot of other apps running when you review this.

The url is: http://www.webstaffing.net/adult

This will probably take several attempts before it comes out acceptable for
the demo.

I'll also need to know your processor, browser, & connection.

Other things to note, that's a lot of bitmaps flash is getting up &
displaying without a wait. This will be effective for other product
catalogue projects don't you think? Note also, there's no "loading"
sequence, which is line with my goals of the loader being a movie in
itself. Make your browser window as large as it will go. The images are
originally scaled to a 21" for a worst case scenario.

Thx In Advance,

/wayne

PS: [legal] pls, 21 and older testers only.

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Princeton, TX.
http://webstaffing.net