Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: MAC crap on the list
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:14:18 +0100

"Russell E. Unger" wrote:

> Attaboy Warren! :)

Er, thanks...

> In case a lot of you don't know, I'm going to take the opportunity to
> introduce Warren "The Howdy Man" Ockrassa.

Howdy howdy! (BTW, kudos to Russell for getting my last name right in
one try -- it's better than I did when I was learning it. But then a
five year old in a 1972 Kindergarten really had no access to copy and
paste... ;)

> He's on Direct-L and Lingo-L and is quite a Director guy...to say the least,
> he's very very strong in that area and quite a great knowledgebase for the
> Mothership's "big brother" of our little Flash.

Now wait a minute.

1. I am occasionally in error in re my Director advice (as the D-L and
L-L luminaries point out); and

2. Flash ain't that little. In fact it's pretty goldurn sweet. In fact
I'm very glad it was bundled with the D7 studio -- it's really a rather
slick animation engine, and it's anything but "little". (It bundles with
browsers, including UNIX flavors, and even the Shockwave plugin cannot
say that.)

> If you get the chance, ask him about his wireless keyboard and his cat! :)

No, no, that's my keyboard and wireless cat.

> Glad to see you on this side of the fence, Mr. Howdy! Oh, and sorry if this
> embarasses you.

Good to be here, and there's no way you could possibly embarrass me more
than I will eventually manage to embarrass myself.

Best to all -- I'll keep lurking until I have a better idea about Flash
and its capabilities. If there's a way I can help I will, but for the
most part I expect mostly to be reading, experimenting and learning for
a while yet.

Thanks for the resounding outage, though. In fact I've never been outed
like this before. In fact, I have never been outed anywhere. Go fig.

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ beckeratbiz10 [dot] dwave [dot] net (mailto:beckeratbiz10 [dot] dwave [dot] net)