Subject: Re: FLASH: text rollovers
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 12:57:40 +0100

Hi Jerry,

> > I want to have a rollover where someone rolls over the word "resume"
> > and it turns yellow. The problem is, the text is small and you have to
> > roll over the ACTUAL text, instead of the general area of the text.
> What's happening is the text is actually the "hit" area of the button.
> One way to get away from the erratic tendencies is to take the paint
> brush tool and paint an area larger than the actual word on the "hit"
> frame of the button. You don't have to be really precise, as the hit
> area is unseen. Good luck!
Actually Larry's idea of using a rectangular box is a better idea. A box
costs less than half the cost of a single stroke of the paint brush. If
you use several brush strokes to cover the area the costs can add up
quickly with no visual benefit. It is also best to delete the line
outine of the box and leave just the fill to prevent the posssibility of
a flickering hit area bug that occurs once in a while.