Subject: Re: FLASH: blank frame in a tween
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:28:19 +0100

Hi Valerie,

> I've noticed this once or twice before. I have a tween with an alpha
> effect over 24 frames at 24 fps. In the frame immediately before
> the last one (fr 23), the symbol disappears. It is invisibl for
> that one frame. Is this Flash's way of telling me I'm pushing it
> too hard?
> What's weird is that if I change the end frame of the tween from 24 to 23,
> everything is ok. I move the keyframe back to 24 or to 25, and it
> disappears again. If I'm pushing the envelope, then the tween occuring over
> a shorter time span would be more cpu/application intensive.
> Anyone else ever notice this?
Yes, this is a bug.
At a Tweeen of 24 frames I assume you have Easing Out set all the way to
the right. If you back off and move the Easing just slightly to the left
you should solve your problem.

The longer the Alpha Tween the more you have to back off towards Easing
In side of the slider to avoid the problem.