Subject: RE: FLASH: My first question for the Group is a stupid one.
From: Byer, Mark
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:03:10 +0100

John,
I'm not sure about your question, so I'll deferr to those who do know. But I
would like to address your observation regarding this list.

I've been on this list for only a couple of weeks myself and I know what you
mean about some individuals getting grilled. But I think it's an error to
consider that victimization. One of the great features of this list (and
most lists for that matter) is getting critical peer review. A compassionate
critic is almost oxymoronic, whereas a dispassionate critic is very rare
indeed. Most critics are just plain passionate about their views. If you
don't beleive in what you're saying then don't say it, if you do you'll
probably be willing to defend it vigorously.

At least that's my observations, any of the more vocal members care to
reassure John et. al. that we're not here to victimize?

-M-