Subject: Re: FLASH: My first question for the Group is a stupid one.
From: Frederico
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:08:39 +0100

>> I do all my Flashing per say on a PC, and was wondering is there anyway of
>> creating a Macintosh projector without a Mac. Has any type of cross platform
>> converter program been developed, or do I have to bribe someone on the list
>> or a friend to convert a .swf for me.

I presume you know that you can just distribute the appropriate Flash
Player along with the SWF, yes? On the Mac, even if one wasn't there
previously, the Finder will locate the Player with just a double click of
the SWF, regardless of where the Player lives (CD, floppy, ZIP, etc).

the 68k is 144k in size, the PPC is 320k, or you can just distribute the
FAT (plays on both) at 336k (all are half that size if Stuffed).

If this isn't acceptable, you may wish to use Executor or a similar Mac
OS-compatible Emulator to create projectors on your Wintel.

Mac users can easily do the same, of course, by running VPC, SoftW9x/NT,
or the new and cool Blue Label, or under a PC card running the
appropriate version of Windows.

If the files aren't too large, you might be able to convince me to
'projectify' them for you, especially if you can find the wintel font I
need.

Frederico

~These are the times that try Men's Souls~ Thomas Paine

Columbine in Our Hearts