Subject: RE: FLASH: Please test new site.
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:02:41 +0100

At 01:46 PM 4/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>http://www.davidgarystudios.com

Hi David.

>From what I could see, this was very impressive design. Well-integrated
visually and sonically. Unfortunately it crashed my Netscape 4.5 twice
(got to the display of the robot-created buttons, then I got the hand
cursor everywhere on stage but Netscape was frozen). I then looked at it
from cache, which got me as far as clicking on Bio, then nothing happened
(perhaps it needed a load Movie?). Went to Port (whose meaning eludes me),
then back to Main, then clicked on another item.

Transitions, although beautiful, are impractically long, especially after
seeing them once. Were I a typical visitor (in fact, were I myself, which I
happen to be), I wouldn't bother clicking on a third item after watching
the robot eat the buttons twice. Perhaps you could have a MC keep tabs on
this, and drop some of the transition after the first time through?

Although I can't identify the cause of the glitch in Netscape (MIME, of
course, is fine), I'd still refer to this as a great example of a Flash
interface, just for the beauty and complexity of it. Good work.

Marc Hoffman