Subject: Re: FLASH: Please test new site.
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:58:03 +0100

My David Gary Studios site review.

First the good...
let me say it belongs in the Flash Top 10 list. Somebody needs to post it
at the wddg and it will probably win first place. I have never seen more
special effects on any site I've ever visited, hehe. Better yet, every
single one of them was professionally done and convincing. Hey, let's not
leave out the sound, it was the crispest I've ever heard.... almost like
MP3. I'm very impressed. That was a huge project that must have taken
hundreds of hours of labor to complete.... and in the final analysis it's a
winner. Gabo helped bring Flash into the mainstream by producing a site
that blew everyone who saw it away. David Gary will probably end up taking
Flash even further with his site. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets
hundreds of thousands of hits over the next year. God bless David Gary.

Ok.... the bad....
Artistically speaking... it's lousy. The first thing that I look for when I
view a site is the composition. I don't care about much else because
nothing else helps me get better. This site was flat.... everything right
down the middle from big to small. As for the rest of it... slightly better
in some cases, not much better in others. You can get away with that type
of thing in Flash a lot easier than HTML because let's face it.... Flash
ROCKS!!! If ya do the same thing in HTML people think you aren't
professional. As for the artistic expression part of it... if I was 15 I'd
say David Gary's sense of style... FREAKING ROCKED!!! Unfortunately I'm
29... and I'm past my motorcycle and robot eyeball phase, hehe.

Ok now... so don't everybody jump down my throat all at once. This may be a
matter of personal preference more than anything else. It's like... when
you're young you loved Godzilla movies because so much stuff was happening
and it was so cool.... then when you got older you would rather watch The
English Patient because green lizards don't turn you on anymore, hehehe.
Ok... I didn't even see the English Patient but I hope you understand what
I'm trying to say.

My final rating? Heck, I'm not a stuck up art snob.... THUMBS UP! A
definite must see.

Sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com