Subject: Re: FLASH: If Frame is Loaded From Within MC
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:43:04 +0100

At 11:56 PM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to know please if there is a way to have an If Frame Loaded command
>sent from within an MC to the main timeline.
>When I choose Tell Target from within the MC, and point it to the main
>timeline (..) the If Frame Is Loaded command in the action pop-up is greyed
>out
>and appears to be a no-no.

hi Larry,

not clear what you're checking and from where.

Where is the frame being tested by If Frame Is Loaded? If tested by the
MC, it should be in the MC's timeline, and the action should be:

If Frame Is Loaded
Frame: labelWhatever (a frame within the MC)
TellTarget
Target: /
DoSomething(whatever action Main Timeline is supposed to carry out)
End TellTarget
End If

I don't believe you can test if a frame is loaded except from the same
timeline. you have to work up a scheme where loading status is determined
within the timeline of the targeted frame, then have that timeline talk
back (via TellTarget) to the timeline that needs to know the loading status
information.

Marc Hoffman