Subject: RE: FLASH: If Frame is Loaded From Within MC
From: Larry Eisenstein
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 03:40:54 +0100

>Marc wrote

>I don't believe you can test if a frame is loaded except from the same
>timeline. you have to work up a scheme where loading status is determined
>within the timeline of the targeted frame, then have that timeline talk
>back (via TellTarget) to the timeline that needs to know the loading status
>information.

Hi Marc,

That answers my question. That's what I was trying to understand.

I have an MC at the beginning of my movie and I just wanted to have visitors making a second stop to go directly to the menu skipping the intro
if my movie is in their cache. But if it is not possible from the MC then I will just make some frames in the main timeline at the beginning of the movie and ask the IF Frame Loaded question from there.

Thanks again,
Larry

application/ms-tnef