Subject: Re: FLASH: my online resume
From: Russ Unger
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:49:47 +0100

John...

You're being more than a little skewed on that opinion. In my experience,
and the experience of my friends in the Recruiting industry, we've seen that
many recruiters for Headhunter-type companies will not look through a Flash
resume, simply because they do not understand nor care about the type of
information.

Show this Flash resume to a decision-maker and the impression is drastically
different--unless your resume is just a text resume dropped into Flash.
Jazz it up a little by adding some animation, etc, and others are cool with
it.

Recruiters/persons who work within an organization as opposed to an outside
resource generally seem to care a little more about what you're
doing--others will just look for the .txt file so they can do their little
keyword scanner.

ooh. ahh.

Russ