Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Quantex pc's
From: Ben Park
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 23:08:29 +0100

I have to say that even if I had the money for a new machine, I wouldn't buy
one ready-built.

All the ones I've seen in stores charge you so much for upgrading this, so
much for upgrading that afterwards.
And with makers like Packard Bell, they make the cases oddly shaped, and use
special shaped boards inside, to stop you upgrading without going back to
them.

All the machines I have had in the past, and the one I'm currently using is
built from all the components bought separately. If you want to upgrade it
with a new cpu - you just buy a new cpu and put it in. No waiting long
periods of time for some computer shop to upgrade it for you. If you wanted
to upgrade from a PII to a Athlon, just buy a new motherboard and cpu and
you have an Athlon. Much cheaper than buying an entire machine again from
scratch.

Just my 1.25p (2 cents)

Ben