Subject: Re: FLASH: Opinion poll
From: Gregg Caines
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:27:52 +0100

I didn't realize that people ever released their FLAs. Even in
most of my windows programming work, I'm rarely asked to
submit my source code.

Anyway, if she's a friend maybe she'll understand... but aren't
there easier ways to get paid on a delinquent account? I'm in
Canada, so maybe it's different, but here I badger the hell out
of them, and failing that send a collection agency after them
for the amount owed PLUS interest PLUS whatever I'd owe
the collection agency. Here, collection agencies will take them
to small-claims court, without you having to do anything but
sit and wait for the money. It takes a little longer, but you
wouldn't have to jeopardize a friendship.

Gregg Caines
n e o m e t r i x systems inc.
http://www.neometrixsystems.com
gcainesatneometrixsystems [dot] com

> But since I have not (yet) been paid by the LN people, I'm considering -
let
> me just come right out and say it - holding the source .FLA file for the
FSH
> opener hostage in an attempt to get the FSH gal (who is a friend of the
> people over at LN) to "influence" some movement on the part of the LN
people
> and their check-signers.
>
> This doesn't sound like a nice thing to do, and I certainly have a lot of
> problems with doing such a thing to a friend of mine, but I also have a
lot
> of problems with not getting paid for my work, not to mention some laxness
> on the part of their people about getting back to me.
> -Brian Matthews

flasher is generously supported by...