Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: frames and flash
From: Randy Kato
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:30:16 +0100

Lining things up is one of the biggest challenges with framesets built to be
cross-browser viewable. IE will take your pixel specs and adhere to them
exactly, but Netscape only approximates and will re-guess when you resize the
browser window. Netscape is usually off by up to about �8 pixels and most often
errs toward the 'minus' meaning it's usually shaving space off the frame (when
the adjacent frame is variable in size).

Add to this the challenge of keeping Flash frames scalable and you've insured
some serious problem solving that goes all the way back to the design. If
possible try to design with NS's frameset weakness in mind -- just another
browser/platform/etc. idiosyncracy to add to the list we already have to
account for.

HTH,
Randy

--