Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Flashkiller
From: Branden Hall
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:11:38 +0100

Good points, but the theory behind it is flawed.

Live motion does provide for some cool effects and does makes some things
easier to do, but in doing so it very often takes you into bitmap land, and
hence huge file sizes. Livemotion was not made with the way the web is now
in mind, period. Flash was, again, period. Flash has a better way of
organizing the objects you use (the library, and no Adobe's isn't the same
if you are wondering), Flash includes the ability to look at the stats for
each SWF you make, and Flash has the bandwidth profiler which is by far one
of the most powerful and cool tools for making something "web ready" that I
have ever seen.

-= Branden J. Hall
-= Multimedia Developer/Instructor
-= Fig Leaf Software - "We've got you covered!"