Subject: Re: FLASH: Salaries
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:53:48 +0100

I think your ego may be a bit out of check, but I don't know much.

If I'm getting paid 125k per year, I'd CERTAINLY better not be doing any type of
design or coding work, and my title had better have "Director", at the least.

As far as a salary at 80k and the hours you described, you may be a bit out of
touch with how things are actually working in the internet space. Right now,
people that have similar attitudes to yours (and I'm not trying to slam you, so
please don't take it wrong) are the ones that are being left behind--especially
when there are persons who can do that job that will take a bit less and/or
options. Fact of the matter is, if you are getting 40 hour weeks, you're damn
lucky or not in the internet industry.

That, of course, is MY opinion, and based solely upon my experience.

Russ