Subject: Re: FLASH: toggling button?
From: John Croteau
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:36:29 +0100

Hi Chris,

> I want to make a button that will toggle and stay at an 'on' state and then
> an 'off' state when pressed again.
Though you could make a toogle button without a MC it would be likely be
very complicated.

> The problem with making it a MC is that I will need to tell target it to
> play and the main timeline will stop. Or can you have a MC play while the
> main timeline is also playing? (I think there's something critical here
> that I missed.)
A Movie Clip has a timeline that moves indepdently of the main timeline.
It must continue to exist to maintain it's memory.
This answers your scene question if your MC toggle button must keep
memory bettween scenes 1 and 2 then you should make it one scene.

You probably should make it one scene anyway.
While authoring add some extra frames between the Scenes and use Labels
such as Scene2 to make things clear. Better yet give the "scenes" real
names.
Always use labels and remove the segment (scene) spacing frames when the
movie is ready to go.