Subject: FLASH: Crop a Movie stage?
From: GBrown
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 17:24:34 +0100

Title: Crop a Movie stage?

    Hi,

    It's probably been asked before, but since there seems to be no searchable archive of this list, bear with me . . .

    Is it possible to crop a movie stage?  Other than modifying the movie's width and height -- which only increment or decrement to the right and bottom, it sure would be a nice feature to crop a stage from the left, for example.

    On a related note, if you do resize your stage, is there an easy way to move all your elements in relative coordination?  For example, if I have a movie 500px wide with most of the animation on the right side, but need to cut it down to 300px wide -- how do I re-position the animation so it stays on the stage in its relative position -- without manually moving every element?

    Thanks for your help!

    Greg Brown