Subject: Re: FLASH: Crop a Movie stage?
From: Marc Hoffman (Dart Frog Media)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:27:29 +0100

At 12:15 PM 8/28/99 -0400, you wrote:

> Is it possible to crop a movie stage? Other than modifying the movie's width
> and height -- which only increment or decrement to the right and bottom, it
> sure would be a nice feature to crop a stage from the left, for example.

Sorry, you can only reduce stage as you have noted.

> On a related note, if you do resize your stage, is there an easy way to move
> all your elements in relative coordination? For example, if I have a movie
> 500px wide with most of the animation on the right side, but need to cut it
> down to 300px wide -- how do I re-position the animation so it stays on the
> stage in its relative position -- without manually moving every element?

You must move all elements manually, however you can move them all at once:
1) Unlock all layers
2) Choose Edit Multiple Frames
3) Select Onion All from onion skin item
4) Perform a Select All
5) Drag (with mouse) or reposition (with arrow keys) all elements at once.

I recommend you do this on a backup copy until you get the hang of it.

-Marc