Subject: FLASH: Re: toggling button- another way?
From: Chris Burke
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:23:15 +0100

John,
I got back to it and realized why your approach will not work for me. I
would have to change the names of 100+ labels and all the references to
them. (Each scene, in essence has the same information, so if it was all in
the same Scene timeline, the duplicate label names would all have to be
changed). And as you point out, my solution of changing scenes introduces
the problem of maintaining the toggle button state.

Maybe you can suggest a better way to do what I'm attempting. Basically I
have a set of images and buttons that stay the same throughout the game.
Occasionally, I want an action to add a new toggle button (MC) with the
sole purpose of muting/unmuting Beatnik music tracks. I figured I had to
recreate the whole set of images/buttons for each time I added a new toggle
button, hence the problems above. Is there another way to 'uncover' the
toggle buttons one by one? Maybe a way to make a hidden layer visible?

Thanks.

/Chris