Subject: Re: FLASH: Mailto and Get URL
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:22:39 +0100

At 2:28 PM 8/27/99, KJ wrote:
"A while back I had a weird problem with a getURL and Mailto call in a
file. Worked great in original file (Even after the other one didn't work)
New file didn't Bottom line was that it didn't work on my machines (2
running Win98) and one other. It seems to work fine on every other machine
I sent it to. (5 to be exact) Can't figure out why it won't work and no one
seems to know. Failing that, Is there another way to make those calls that
should work all of the time?"

Note that not all browsers have emailers connected to them. While "mailto:"
URLs will sometimes work, they won't work for all visitors. It's more
universal to send data to a server-based remailer... one popular one is
FormMail:
http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/

jd