Subject: FLASH: FS Command not working in Netscape!
From: Matthew Doyle
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 22:48:39 +0100

For those of you that gave me pointers I appreciate the help. For those of
you that told me nothing other than "check the technotes before you complain
to us" thanks for nothing. I checked Macromedia's site all OVER the place.
I found nothing of use on what I needed help with. That's why I came to you
guys in the first place.

I was able to figure out a way to get it working. For those of you that are
having the same types of problem (trying to open customized windows with
both IE & Netscape), here is how I opened new windows (with customized
settings like no scrollbars, set to a certain size, etc...):

FS Command to use in your Flash doc:

On (Release)
FS Command
("javasript:launchwin('YOUR_URL/FILE.HTML','height=600,width=800,scrollbars=
yes,and_any_other_customized_settings_you_want_seperated_by_commas')
End On

Now for the actual Javascript, which must be placed in the html document at
level 0 of your movie. DO NOT REPLACE ANYTHING. Copy exactly as typed
below:

<!--

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> var javascript_version = 1.0;</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1"> javascript_version = 1.1;</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

var newwin;

function launchwin(winurl,winname,winfeatures)
{
//This launches a new window and then
//focuses it if window.focus() is supported.
newwin = window.open(winurl,winname,winfeatures);
if(javascript_version > 1.0)
{
//delay a bit here because IE4 encounters errors
//when trying to focus a recently opened window
setTimeout('newwin.focus();',250);
}
}
</SCRIPT>

Voila! You have as many buttons as you want using the FS Command that will
open new windows. AND...you can define each new window in the FS Command so
you don't have to make any changes to the Javascript. Works great in both
Netscape & Internet Explorer!

Chancellor Gad Dae'Dalus
Jedi Knight
Adviser to the Outer Rim Task Force