Subject: FLASH: Parent & Child
From: Ian Richardson
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 06:31:53 +0100

Forgive me if this is simple question, but i cannot find the answer
anywhere.

I am working on my first flash site, i have a parent / child setup where y
the parent forms the Navigational function of the site, bringing in the
child at the click of the mouse.

The parent is about (60k) and brought in with a preloader, child's c20K

what i want is for the user to access a section of the site (child) once
complete return to the main parent to navigate onto the next section, at the
moment. the parent is on level 0 and the child is then brought in on the
same level, when the user has finished the section the back button then
reloads the parent.

i do not want the parent navigation evident in the child movies

1) does the parent stay in the cache, therefore allow to appear seemlessly
or, does it then reload all 60K
2) is there a way of keeping the parent at level 0 and bringin the child in
a level 1. When i try this i keep finding that the buttons on the parent are
active, underneath the buttons on the child

thanks for any help, quite literally pulling my hair out,,,,,