Subject: FLASH: Importing PNG Files
From: Moseley, Bryan
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:57:23 GMT

A little help listers...

I made a 3D earth spinning and exported each of the frames as 24 bit PNG
files. Then I imported the image sequence into FLASH (each into its own
keyframe) and traced each of the bitmaps. The only settings I fooled
with was the one for determining pixel colors, I set the threshold to 20
(there were a lot of different colors). Then I deleted each of the PNG
files and exported the 12 frame Flash sequence to a movie that turned
out to be an unbelievable 1,801 kb (yep, 1,801). Is it because of the
colors? Or did I do something else wrong? Any help would be greatly
appreciated...Thanks.

Bryan Moseley
Analyst - Knowledge Management
Kurt Salmon Associates