Subject: Re: FLASH: If Frame Is Loaded
From: mingo
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 02:22:43 GMT

Hi Steven,

I think this is wat you missing..

Frame 1 : (where you place your 0-25% preload Movie Clip Here)
If frame 148 is loaded
Goto Play frame 3

Frame 2 :
Goto Play Frame 1
(This is to play your preloader until frame 148 is loaded)

Frame 3: (Place your 50-75% MC)
If Frame 290 is loaded
Goto Play frame 5 (Start of Main Movie)

Frame 4:
Goto Play Frame 3
(loop your 50-75% MC until Frame 290 is loaded, then start of Main Movie)

Hope this help.

Merry Xmas,
mingo

At 04:59 PM 12/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>For some reason, my IF FRAME IS LOADED is not acting right.
>
>What I have done is designed a loading bar that goes from
>0% to 25% to 50% to 75% to 100%.
>
>As the frames are loaded, the bar should get bigger to kind of show how
>much longer the user will have to wait. Just so you know, I have a total
>of 590 frames in my Flash animation.
>
>The most recent way I have this set up is:
>
>Frame 2:
>If Frame #148 is Loaded
>Play
>
>Frame 3:
>If Frame #290 is Loaded
>Play
>
>The old way I had it wasn't working either which was
>
>Frame 2:
>If Frame #148 is Loaded
> Goto and Play Frame 3
>
>Frame 3:
>If Frame #290 is Loaded
> Goto and Play Frame 4
>
>You can see an example of what I'm talking about here:
>http://www.sohh.com/awards/med/
>
>Don't go to testflash.swf. Just the other 3 files.
>
>When you load them, just look at the lower left hand corner. It's fast.
>
>If anyone knows how to properly set this up please contact me ASAP.
>
>Steven Samuel
>SOHH WeBMaSSa
>

>SOHH

*** Welcome ***